Sunday, August 10, 2014

Shade Samurai, Girl Knight of the Mind

Artist Mario Wibisono for the Legend of Five Rings


by dark days
I am the dark blade 
my shadow illuminates
the dusky ways by which I defeat the churl
 by razor
by blade
 detect the nuanced bitterness 
of the scalpel I wield  
as I emerge from the shadows 
to attack the condemned spirits 
to the underworld I despatch 
the ashes of dead coals

Shade Ninja I am called
dark, comely
Daughter of Night, Mother of Fall
by sword I bring dawn 
by dusk they go on
by this blade I live life
 by the blood I have drawn
I answer to the name Shade  
 Dark Side of the Son

I have read you
I have bled you
And now I have won

in semidarkness and undertone
I come in silence
as a spectre and a phantasm 
-a sabre with flechettes' keenness
and sharpness of wit
thusly, I protect and I serve
do me no wrong,
you shall remain un-harmed
the commands of Justice 
the demands of Vigilantes
the codes of the Shadow World and its laws
I obey
I surrender

I am Danger's reddest embers
with my steel I remind
by sharpest edge I remember
Duty
Passion
Blood Drawn in Winter
I am the Shade Samurai
Girl Knight of the Mind
through penetrating Darkness 
I seek and I find








No comments:

Post a Comment