Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Tell Me This Song Is Not About BiPolar Disorder! Ah You Can't. I'm So Right - You're So Wrong

I can't stop listening to this song! The whole album Native by One Republic is shockingly good for one of those top 40 radio play bands. And I liked the album before I got diagnosed as bipolar. But now listening to the song Counting Stars I will swear on all that is holy that this song is about bipolar disorder.  This man is describing a manic-episode in textbook quality terms. Listen!! Listen, my bipolar friends, and see if it isn't true! I'm telling you....

And I feel something so right by doing the wrong thing
And I  feel something so wrong by doing the right thing

I could lie, could deny, couldn't I?
Every thing that kills me makes me feel alive.

[Chorus:]
Lately I've been, I've been losing sleep
Dreaming about the things that we could be

I feel her love
And I feel it burn down this river every time
Hope is our four-letter word, make that money watch it burn

Old but, I'm not that old
Young, but I'm not that bold
And I don't think the world is sold
I'm just doing what we're told

And I feel something so wrong by doing the right thing
I could lie, couldn't I?
Everything that drowns me makes me wanna fly




I'm talking about mania, bitches. Tell me it ain't so.
Ahhh see you can't say no.
I know what's up, people 
*looks around, totally paranoid, while tapping foot and drinking five Frappacinos*

Gotta go run a marathon, write a bestselling novel on the level of Moby Dick before 9pm, do some laundry, cry for about ten minutes, then take Mom to the library. 
In the meantime -- Anyone got any Xanax? Oh shit you do?!
Gimme another coffee.... 
*pops the Xanax - counting stars....*

Oh, take that money watch it burn,
Sink in the river the lessons I learned
Take that money watch it burn,
Sink in the river the lessons I learned

Everything that kills me makes me feel alive

No comments:

Post a Comment